Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Start

Happy Easter everyone!
By mere coincidence, I chose today, the day in which Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, to restart my blog. I am by no means religious, but Easter is a beautiful holiday for those who follow the Christian faith, so happy day to you!

And happy day to me! I am once again going to try to gather and organize my thoughts and activities and present them here in my blog. Part of the reason is because my friends are scattered throughout the state and country, so this is a place they can catch up on my doings. And another reason is that I am trying to be accountable to the goals I set out to do. You see, I am quite the disorganized procrastinator. There are so many things I want to do, make, bake, play, watch, eat, finish, etc. but the majority of my time goes to surfing the net, reading facebook, watching tv, and eating out with friends. Other than the last one, I feel like I am stuck in a rut doing these things because they are easy and habit. Well life, time to break the habit!

I think that it is common for twenty and thirty-somethings to be happy with this rut. Hanging out with friends, eating out, watching movies, and then every so often, doing something that means something to us. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my friends and there is nothing wrong with this sort of life. I can see why we do it because we get so tired from working that we just want to do the easy thing. But I think right now, for me at least, being this young and having energy and time and not being tied down to kids and family is the time for me to explore and play and make things and find myself. I don't think I'll really truly find myself, I think that takes a lifetime to do, but I really don't think I'm making any progress in that by reading about why Jesse cheated on Sandra or finding a lost cow on Farmville.

So yes, hopefully this blog will make me accountable, and show you and me that I can have a life fulfilling. I know I've tried it many times and failed. Let's hope I get better results this time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment